The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another part to put under the seat
Set out to go to the BA7C Saturday lunchtime meeting at Luckington, between Bristol and Malmesbury in the Chummy today. Going up a fairly steep hill on the way, foot to the floor in top, I noticed at the top of the hill, I was speeding up uncontrollably! Throttle pedal still on the floor with foot removed!
Switched the engine off, coasted to a halt and found the throttle return spring had broken:

Didn't have a spare on board but managed to rig up a brake spring with tie-wraps (which I do carry) to do the job, at least as far as getting back home, where I fortunately found a replacement. 5 minutes to fit and re-adjust the linkage and we were on our way again, reaching the pub in time for lunch.

However, it's a statutory lesson, I shall be carrying a spare now. I believe I put a new spring on when I rebuilt the car, 11 or 12 years ago and it doesn't look rusty, just a clean break.

I can see why the VSCC insist on TWO return springs.... Blush
As do every event organiser, trials or nav rallies, as well as that fast stuff.