The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED Lights
Following on from the article in the Grey Mag about LED lights, a slightly fuller edition of the article is now reproduced here that allows the various hyperlinks can be clicked.
I've recently fitted a pair of the pre-focus LED headlight 'bulbs' - much brighter - and use them on dull days in the well-lit 'rush-hour' traffic that lasts all day around here - with the added advantage that the 6v dynamo can keep up.
I had a problem with the cheap Chinese LED lights that I found for the Chummy. They fitted the scuttle headlights and the light output was great but they fell apart when used for a half-hour run on boxing day.

I've moved on to these, which also fit and seem to work well. Only problem is that I don't have "Sidelights" any more.....

.jpg   Classic Car LED.jpg (Size: 87.83 KB / Downloads: 236)

We'll see about the reliability when I actually use them although I have to admit to driving the car very infrequently at night these days  Sad
(14-02-2024, 11:38 AM)Parazine Wrote: I had a problem with the cheap Chinese LED lights that I found for the Chummy. They fitted the scuttle headlights and the light output was great but they fell apart when used for a half-hour run on boxing day.

I've moved on to these, which also fit and seem to work well. Only problem is that I don't have "Sidelights" any more.....

We'll see about the reliability when I actually use them although I have to admit to driving the car very infrequently at night these days  Sad
Hi Parazine 

I put 9mm sidelights in the headlight bowl and with a bit of extra wiring I get a dip switch. Check out the 2023A Grey Mag for details.

Cheers 

Howard
I Bought & fitted a pair of the projector lights about a month ago and I use them all the time, sidelights are somewhat obsolete when the total lighting load is 4 amps.