The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Pearl up for Auction
Hi

Just spotted an early part-restored Pearl up for auction in a few week's time.  I have no connection with the seller or the auction house, this is just for information. 

It's on the A7CA register but with an error in the registration mark, register keeper has been notified.

https://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/austi...olet-1935/
There's a '1931 Chummy' too:  https://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/austi...ummy-1931/
The AG Tourer looks to be a nice car. Why is it described in the A7CA Register as a ' Milk Delivery car ' and included in the Van Register?
...and if built around February 1931, from the chassis and car numbers, I wonder why it was not registered 'til September '31?
Perhaps it was built as a Milk Delivery Car and failed to sell, so was converted to a standard tourer? That would explain the delay between build date and registration.

It would be interesting to learn if it has an MDC floor-pan.
I like the Alvis.
(04-01-2024, 04:26 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Perhaps it was built as a Milk Delivery Car and failed to sell, so was converted to a standard tourer? That would explain the delay between build date and registration.

It would be interesting to learn if it has an MDC floor-pan.

A '31 Tourer with an MDC floor-pan. Imagine trying to describe why that's so rare and important on a windscreen description chart. Mind you, one of those dealers across the channel would make a meal of it: "Originally constructed as a personal milk float for use by His Majesty King George V, who, disappointed with its carrying capacity, sent it back with a rude note asking for something better. The factory then converted it into a standard tourer for use by the palace concubines, the most active of whom - between engagements - raced it at Brooklands ."
Tony, thanks for the caption. Sadly you have omitted the “enhanced” illustration.
I have the impression there are plenty of Chummy's about for sale at the moment, certainly in the 12-13.500 range... very interested to see what this will sell for in a Auction...
(05-01-2024, 12:51 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Tony, thanks for the caption. Sadly you have omitted the “enhanced” illustration.

I didn't dare....OK then....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)