The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Number of Parts in a Seven?
Hi,

Anyone willing to hazard a guess - or know - how many separate parts there are in a Seven?
80 million.
Dunno but there’s always some left over when I build an engine
Alan Fairless
An easier question - how many springs of all types are there (but excluding spring washers)? Let's choose two models: a late 1930 open car with sprung seat bases and an RN De-lux Saloon. Some of course are obvious, others not so. It's interesting to list them.
Or, as John Glen once said, "‘I felt exactly how you would feel if you were getting ready to launch and knew you were sitting on top of 2 million parts — all built by the lowest bidder on a government contract.’
(16-12-2023, 01:13 AM)Russlin Wrote: 7,777.

Given the descriptions of working on these vexing  lovely wee beasties might 666 be more accurate?  Big Grin
I dunno. It must be bordering infinity, given the fact that I'm always at least one or two bits short during a build.

Cheers

Howard
More than 5.
Do I get a prize for being factually correct?
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
For a rough count of late 1930 to early 1931 cars, just add up all the parts in this https://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploads/PL_670D.pdf The snag is, it'll be well short of the truth. e.g. the fuel tap is listed as one item. but is made of 8. The carb is down as one item as well but must be made of 25 or more. Then, of course, one would need to 'dismantle' the dynamo, distributor, instruments, switch panel, starter switch, lights, hood, windscreen, sidescreens, bodywork and trim, radiator, chassis, the 5 wheels (they alone total 339 parts) bearings, battery, etc - and count all the rivets. Where are you, Mr. Hobday?