The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will this make of bearing be any good?
Will this make of bearing be any good for my Austin 7 - or might it live up to its maker's initials?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have always wondered whether these would also live up to their name..?

.jpg   Screenshot 2023-11-02 133551.jpg (Size: 106.22 KB / Downloads: 319)
My personal experience of trade stands is that it's mainly about the biscuits and free biros. I rarely stopped to check who was handing them out!
the marketing / translation departments have well and trully .........  Smile
Tony FAG bearings website where I worked was inaccessible via our IT system.
Translation direct from Carry On Bearings, “we can offer inspection if the customer is strict.” Oooh matron indeed!
I they make the old inch series I would be very carefull. Old stock SKF and RHP bearings are still available and if you are going to complain about cost get your modern serviced  Huh Huh
(02-11-2023, 08:57 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Tony FAG bearings website where I worked was inaccessible via our IT system.

That's really funny, David! At the same that you were denied access to FAGs, children in the city had worked out that the internet filters designed to stop them from looking at naughty things could be defeated if they used Portugese.
Not sure never tried them.
I do not see the point in fitting cheap usually inferior bearings.
All the bearings we require are available from high quality makers so why go cheap ?
I have just changed some rather horrible wheel bearing (made in Singapore) for some RHP 's with metal seals - beautiful.
Do think your humour is about right Tony !  Smile