The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Pump
Hello, my first post on here.

After losing oil pressure, had the engine out and discovered damage in the oil pump. A piece has broken off in between the holes within the chamber.

I've over bored another oil pump but looking at the two pairs of holes in the chamber one pair has only a very thin piece of material separating them.
This piece is missing on the old damaged one.
I'm just wondering whether its best to take this piece out rather than it break off and cause more damage?
A third oil pump has the same feature and is partly split already.
I guess the extra material will support the vanes better and reduce wear but it seems to me it would be better to remove it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What is the importance of that piece between the holes ? They deliver or receive oil from the vertical chamber behind them and separation of the two holes is not important ?? The wipers bear both above and below the two holes and the very thin "web" between the holes is not there to support the wipers. remove that web if you feel its in danger of breaking free.
Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply, barely a touch with a pick and it broke off. Don't know if this is a common failure on A7 oil pumps?