The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RN Headlining
Does anyone have a pattern for a RN headlining?
I don't have a pattern but I do have sketches, is your car pre April 1932      or post April 1932 when it was simplified    
I no longer have a sunroof, it was removed a long while ago and cannot be reinstated as rails have been removed. To replace the rails will be cost prohibitive (unless someone knows differently) so I am looking for a pattern with no sunroof Sad
"cannot be reinstated it " - nothing is beyond a good panel beater / coach builder. It's just the cost of doing it and re-painting afterwards. The drawings are available for the sun roof itself, not sure about the slides, but I had to make bits of slide up many years ago when I restored our RN.
Agreed everything is achievable but I have to draw a line somewhere and spending £2000 - £3000 on a sunroof I could not afford.
Ah that can be a problem particularly if the drain over the windscreen has corroded away 
.jpeg   Windscreen peak drain.jpeg (Size: 24.65 KB / Downloads: 268) , the photo is of the body upside down with the windscreen peak opened up for repair. Unfortunately I don't think there are any details of fixed head RN headlining as these cars are like hen's teeth. If you are lucky you may find the owner of one who will let you into it's secrets.
As is quite often the case, the Archive web site could be your friend...

https://archive.a7ca.org/collections/tec...em/TD0191/?

hth...
Unfortunately those details are for a de lux car with sunshine roof.
I've checked my register of RN saloons and have found there are 15 fixed models and I haven't got a photo of the headlining of any of them.
Has anyone any recommended books for interior trimming that would also show how to construct and fit a headlining?