The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow Foursome for Auction this week
(26-07-2023, 11:49 AM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: I am sure that there were detail differences when the cars were made.    A number of reproduction LWB Arrow Foursome bodies have been produced over the years.   John Heath made a batch and Andy Hastings made one for a friend in Perth.  I don't know what became of that.

Andy also made a SWB Arrow Tourer from some very scant remains of an original car.   I remember driving it from Scarborough to Morecambe on one of the Coast to Coast Runs.  It was probably the nicest Austin 7 I have ever driven, beautifully balanced and planted on the road.   It was finished in black with maroon side panels like a Bugatti Type 55.  It went to Switzerland.

That's really interesting, Malcolm. I wonder if these new bodies detract from the car's value or do they, like a new Chummy or Ulster body, not really make any difference in the long term? One can see their appeal, they do have a very handsome, sporting appearance and one so different to Austin's 'family-friendly' 4-seat Tourer.
A LWB Arrow with sports axles/springs and a bit of extra pep would be good fun. 

Charles