The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch spring retaining ring
I need a clutch spring retaining ring Austin part number 1A3134. I am told that they are not available as a new reproduction part. Does anyone have one for sale?
In which parts list should we look? My initial brief search did not find it.
Maybe the ring that sits on the nose of the gearbox?
Shane, I think you are referring to the ring that holds the three clutch levers compresses the springs and bolts to the flywheel. Known to many as a pressure plate. If this is what you want thy Tony Betts at 7 County Austin’s. Tel 0116 2867522.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Shown on page 34 of this parts list

https://a7ca.org/downloads/partslists/PL_1937_1406D.pdf
Hi Shane. I have definitely got one I can spare. I need to find it and we've got a lot on today, but I will dig it out later.
Hi
Thanks fpr the response my email is shanedrou@hotmail.com
Best wishes
Shane

Hi thanks for all the replies please see diagram for explanation of the part(number 27 on thediagram)
Best Wishes
Shane
As it transpires, the 'spare' part I have is the pressed ring (26 in Woodrow) that isn't pictured in the parts list (if it is, I didn't spot it). It is retained by the spring clip and holds the spring. 

As you have added the Woodrow diagram I assume you don't need both parts, just the clip?

I believe it would be reasonably simple to form the clip from piano wire. I am slightly less willing to remove one from my spare gearbox, but will search a little deeper later, unless someone else has one?

.jpg   Screenshot_20230723-130307_Gallery.jpg (Size: 134.47 KB / Downloads: 119)
Thanks for the help I remain open to any ideas
Shane
I've just had a look on my spares shelf and I've got everything but n°s 26 and 27. However, all the spring ring and collar does is locate the clutch release carrier and bearing on the gearbox input bearing casting. It doesn't rotate. You should be able to fabricate a locking ring from some thick wire or even clip a length of locking wire or a section of old bed/mattress spring to replace it. The spring ring sits in a groove at the end of the casting and its only function is to hold back the collar under spring compression.