The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost 65?
JO 8106, 1933/4 Sports 65.
This car was used for touring Germany just before the outbreak of hostilities. 
It seems not to have survived.

JO 8106 is an Oxford registration from late 1933.
It looks "well used" for a car perhaps 5 years old. Nice pics Henry.
I would say travel-stained rather than well-used - apart from the bald tyres, the body and wings are straight and undamaged, I suspect with a good wash it would be quite smart.
Damage to the bottom of the n/s rear wing. The door shut line is perfect. It appears to have semaphore indicators fitted to each side of the windscreen. A good place to site them being such a low model. Lovely photograph / lovely car.
I had an uncle who was horrified when he learnt I had acquired a Seven, I eventually learnt that he had a brother who borrowed his Seven, a sports model but I never learnt which, in which he was killed and the car destroyed. Naturally he didn't talk about it.
Another 65 has been found in north Derbyshire. Believed to have been restored to a high standard in the lathe 1970s - and then locked away in a garage ever since. More details are awaited to see if it's on the Register but it appears not to be for sale.