The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrickery
The spring is stronger than I thought it would be, Hugh. Needed a pair of pointy pliers to stretch it off the fixing and back on again. Closed up length is 1/2" ignoring the loops. I have some similar looking springs that are the right length but softer. You're welcome to one but see how those already on their way do first perhaps.

Steve
Thanks Steve, that is helpful. It would seem the spring is stronger than I thought. The remains of the one on the car was also stronger than I expected. It all gives me a better idea of what I need to achieve. Thanks for checking yours out... I'll see what I can achieve with the ones that are on their way to me and report back..

Hugh
Had a great result, today, when an elderly Chummy cut out provided a scavenged spring of the corrct style. I was probably really fortunate to find oneĀ  but I shall keep an eye out for another, just to be on the safe side..

Apologies for the fuzzy shot of the spring..