The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noisy brakes
My driveway slopes gently downward towards the road. When I reverse out of my garage to the road the brakes make a dreadful noise and vibration. Fairly drives the missus crackers. The brake linings are clean and chamfered in the usual manner. In forward motion there is occasionally a bit of a squeak but nothing like the noise when reversing. Perhaps one of the forums sages could shed some light?
Not unusual, a lot due to the design of suspension/brake system.

Maybe reverse into the garage?
Turn the radio volume up a bit.
I echo what Simon has said above. My RP has made the most awful 'railway brake' noises in reverse ever since I have had it. Relining the brakes and generally tinkering with them has made little on no difference, and I have now learned to live with it. I suspect that the design of the front suspension allows a small amount of float fore and aft, with the result that the front brakes come on partially when reversing

At least I appear to have cured my noisy brakes going forward (cross fingers)!
Peter, the solution is simple, when reversing out of your drive use the hand brake and your worries will be over!
Brakes? Or rear axle tramp?