The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supercharged Austin 7 Special
Supercharged Austin 7 Special. An interesting report from 1944 of a car built during WW2. Click the restored image for a readable copy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Interesting, Tony. Pity he didn't leave drawings of that home-made supergharger...
Even more interesting is that RF 8229 appears on DVLA as a 1939 Austin (the usual Seven 885cc mis-description) taxed to 1 /3/24... black. Is this the same car, and if so who has it and is it still in the same format?
...and is on A7CA register as 1931 Chassis No 130560 PWA7C but DVLA as 1939???
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
My Ulster featured in this series on 25th December 1942.
Keith Rawson many years ago did some work on a 7 with a home made centrifugal supercharger ,the car having old family connections I think but I can’t remember what it looked like.
When I supercharged one of my cars no matter how lightly it was driven the fuel economy dropped from around 45 to 25 mpg, but it was worth it.
This car is alive and well. I did some work on it a few years ago. It still has the centrifugal blower and is in good hands.
Alan Fairless
(13-04-2023, 04:43 PM)Alan Wrote: This car is alive and well. I did some work on it a few years ago. It still has the centrifugal blower and is in good hands.

Thank you, Alan, that's excellent news. Notable, is it not, that during the war there was time to build a special.....