The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting oil leaks and low oil pressure.
I have a few engine related issues with my Ulsteroid and, following much advice on here, have now either got or at least ordered the required parts.

The initial problem was oil leaks from either the rear main or the front of the gearbox so I was going to remove the engine to sort these.

Then I suddenly had a low oil pressure issue which it was suggested was probably either the pressure relief valve leaking or the oil pump vanes sticking.

So, is it worth initially trying to raise the engine enough to access the pressure relief valve and replacing the ball and spring so that without too much work I can see if that solves the low oil pressure.

The disadvantage is that it looks like I'll probably have to disconnect so much that I'll actually be 50% of the way to removing the engine anyway.  The advantage, if it solves the oil pressure problem, is that I can then take the engine out knowing that once I've attended to the oil leaks everything else should be OK.

If I simply take the engine out from the start it will be easier to fit the replacement ball and spring and I could also potentially check the oil pump vanes and springs.  The downside is that I could put it all back only to find the oil pressure is still a problem.

Any advice?

John.
Take the engine out, make yourself an engine stand ( your going to need it again sometime), when all is attended to test run the engine with a spare oil gauge.  
I have a similar issue at the moment but my bypass is with the remote filter, running a pressure fed crank. Engine runs at 25psi when hot and 60psi cold.