The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are All the Sevens?
A lot of luck indeed. I once many years ago had ignition failure down a country lane in Leicestershire and couldn't for the life of me fathom what was going on - nor how to get home, as the road was deserted. Next car that came along was a 1930 Austin Seven! The kind owner pointed out that the distributor shear pin had failed, ran me back to his house for a spare, and got me going again!
I use mine two or three times a week and there’s a chap in the next village with an RK who uses it quite often, but we hardly ever see each other when driving the Sevens despite the fact that we both have to use the same lane to get in and out of the village...as Rekkers said, we don’t see each other very often, because we use the cars on different days and times, so the chances are slim.
Down here in South Western England, Sevens are relatively common. There are probably 5 or more within a few miles of where I live and in the BA7C area, most members live in the greater Bristol/Bath district, a relatively small geographic area for, probably 200 or so cars.

As for actually seeing them, that's a different matter. BA7C events excluded, here it's rare to see an A7 on the road these days as people don't use them as daily drivers, like we used to in years gone by. Having said that, we do still, occasionally see a car in use around this area, more often in the summer, obviously.

I've noted in the past, when travelling about that Sevens seem to be less commonly seen in the north and east of the country.
I know of no other Sevens or Seven owners within around 25 miles in any direction from where I live. Over the years there have been a small number who have lived nearer, mostly very good friends, but, sadly, they're no longer with us and very much missed.

Steve
As many of you know, I use my car on a fairly regular basis. The only Seven that I know about in this area is a red Chummy run by a curator at the museum in Corwen. I understand from a chap I met recently with a Triumph Stag that there are a couple of Sevens in the Acrefair/Froncysyllte area, but I have no details and certainly never seen the cars. In fact, I have not seen another Seven, apart from another RP saloon that turns up at some static shows in the area, all the time I have been out in mine.
...on the other hand as a Top Hat owner, there are three other models within 4 miles of me. Melton Mowbray - a Top Hat hotspot!
(29-03-2023, 12:21 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: I know of no other Sevens or Seven owners within around 25 miles in any direction from where I live. Over the years there have been a small number who have lived nearer, mostly very good friends, but, sadly, they're no longer with us and very much missed.

Steve

Steve, I think I'm within 25 miles of you (just) if we draw a straight line. There are quite a few within ten or 20 miles of me but they don't seem to hit the road very often.

I guess many sevens don't get out much. Mine is out most weeks in the summer but often I don't go far.
I had a distributor pin shear many years ago in my RP. also in a country lane - first oassing car was a mechanic from a nearby Riley restoration workshop. I hadn’t a clue as to what had happened but my saviour identified it immediately.
He kindly towed me the last mile home ( I didn’t carry a spare then…) When we reached home I told him to just go in and introduce himself and stay for a cup of tea and a chat, whilst I untied the tow rope.My dear wife on hearing tHe gravel crunch, ‘but unaware of the circumstances and thinking it was me, called out ‘Come on in, you big sexy hunk’. It took some time for three of us to stop laughing…
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
There are at least 10 within a ten mile radius of me in north Hampshire.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Well, Steve, I'm a bit further away than 25 miles now but I'm still here! (1136km according to Google Maps - in a straight line)