The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Late Ruby on ebay
(05-03-2023, 10:17 PM)39Jet Wrote: There appears to be a repair to the bottom of the B-pillar.
Is there a practical way to repair corrosion to this area?

This is quite a common area of corrosion and the way to repair it (or the way I have repaired mine) is to cut away the offending area and make up a shaped replacement portion to weld in...
And if it has gone there, at the base of the B-post, then there are likely to be a few other places that need/have needed similar fabrication and welding.
Mine appears to be slightly newer, number 290070. The late Barry Goodman,s vans and cars are entered in the next South West Vehicle Auctions April sale in April including the last Seven made, a 1938 van.
https://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/austi...-van-1939/
While we are on it, and on the other side of the country, there is a rather respectable looking van coming up in Anglia Auctions soon. No connection...

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic-...Dure-wNzz4
The ACA van is interesting; it's not a Longbridge-built van, so is it a coachbuilt-in-period body (by Sanderson & Holmes perhaps?) or is it a modern conversion?
That's a lot of vans all coming to market at the same time - I wonder how prices will be affected.
It's a nice car with lots of original character but it doesn't look completely original to me and the mileage claims are almost certainly suspect!
Are you more doubtful about 67504 or 000.7?
I think ettore is referring back to the Ruby which started this thread - the vendor is suggesting that the 9,284 is 'believed genuine'. I really don't think anyone will be fooled by that, the odometer has gone round many times...

As for the Goodman van, it's just possible the quoted mileage is genuine, but being a commercial vehicle it's far more likely to be that plus one or two hundred thousand!