The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archive web site additions
New Resources posted on the Archive Web Site

Hello all.. I would just like to draw your attention to a major update that has taken place on the Archive web site today. This is work that has been a long time coming, mainly as those involved were distracted by the Centenary and/or earning a living. In fact, I should make special mention of Chris Charles who does the nuts and 'IT' bolts on the web site who has had to put up with my constant witterings over the past few weeks and months. However, we managed to get a tranche of work completed today.

Engineering Drawings:

This section of the site has had a major overhaul with new images of older scans now appearing, duplications removed and a more coordinated series of descriptions that has lead to a more sensible ordering of the images.

Brochures:

Over that past months, we have been acquiring new Brochures and have been steadily digitising them. Today, we have released the following list of new items for your edification and delight. We have also tidied up some bugs in the listings and, more importantly, dealt with the ordering of the entries that gives a more sensible date arranged list.

460 - 1925 (January) Full Model Range

461 – 1925 Motoring at Tram Fare

510 - 1925 (October) Full Model Range

599 - 1927 Souvenir of a visit to the Longbridge Works

655B - 1929 Full Model Range 'Buy British Goods'

655G - 1929 Full Model Range 'Buy British Goods'

700H - 1930 Full Model Range 'Buy British Goods'

836 - 1931 Transport by Austin. Commercial vehicle brochure

930BE - 1933 Full Model Range, brochure tied with silk string, full colour. Export version of Brochure 930B

943 - 1933 Step In and realise why the Austin Seven excels, Fold out brochure of Seven range, Colour

958 - 1933 Dutch Export Model Range. Full Colour. Unusual for a foreign language brochure to be identified in the same numbering range as English versions. Usually this would be classified as 958D (D as in Dutch c/f 1076D)

1075A - 1934 Austin Delivery Vans 7-10-12 28pp Colour

1076D - 1934 Austin Delivery Vans 7-10-12HP Dutch fold out brochure in  Colour

1171C - 1934 Britain's Dependable Car. Full Model Range. Illustrations also held separately in the Archive as a set of engravings demonstrating the art of the "Engraving company of Wolverhampton"

1290 - 1935 Full Model Range. Includes colour scheme options

1326A - 1935 Austin Express Delivery Vans. Colour fold out brochure

1402 - 1936 (August) Austin Model Range

1587 - 1938(?) I was behind the times. Austin Delivery Van and Shooting Brake brochure. Colour

1677 - 1938 Britain’s Dependable Car, Full Model Range

1691 - Making Cars and Making Certain

There are some more items waiting in the wings that hopefully will be added to the Parts List/Handbook and Ephemera sections in the next week or so…

Hugh
Excellent news! Well done, Hugh, and all those involved. The Archive website is  a major resource which we should treasure and not be afraid to make full use of.
That's a great improvement - well done to all concerned! Now to find a spare evening to enjoy it all...
Wow, impressed to see the gaps filling up, congratulations to all !
Well done, Hugh. That's all terrific work - and greatly appreciated. https://archive.a7ca.org/collections/show-brochures/  I love "Motoring at Tram Fare", especially the back cover.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)