The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fitting bushes to rear centre blade
Hi - can someone please advise how to fit the centre bushes into the centre blade on the rear shock absorber
Squeeze it in using a G clamp?? Assumes you've got the thing apart of course....
Nut and bolt and tighten ... just fitted mine last night
I done a pair last week, and they tapped in with a hammer, Just done the front yesterday and they also just tapped in.

Sevenworkshop had no Nylon one's in stock, last week, does anyone else have these in stock?

For the front i used a wooden one & a nylon one that i found in a box of bits - should be ok, but would change if i could find stock.
(06-02-2023, 01:13 PM)JohnD Wrote: I done a pair last week, and they tapped in with a hammer, Just done the front yesterday and they also just tapped in.

Sevenworkshop had no Nylon one's in stock, last week, does anyone else have these in stock?

For the front i used a wooden one & a nylon one that i found in a box of bits - should be ok, but would change if i could find stock.

David Cochrane has them in nylon. https://www.a7c.co.uk/aboutus.php

I'm overhauling my rear dampers at the moment - and the bushes in mine are brass or bronze - presumably changed by somebody else. My through-pins were badly corroded so I bought a pair of replacements from David Cochrane - you just get the shaft and the fine thread with a flange on the end and not the "big washer". Hence it's necessary to drill out the old pin and fit the new one - though as various surfaces are corroded, a lathe is handy to get them cleaned up and a flat surface for the new pin's flange to sit against. I may silver-solder the replacements in as well. Has anyone else recently done this job?
I did the front damper on our RN recently and after reconditioning the blades I fitted a new nylon bush -that just tapped in with no problems. For the record, sorting out the front damper made a big difference to handling. I just went for the standard parts from one of our cherished suppliers.