The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 speed remote gear change lever
(02-02-2023, 06:17 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Ian Williams posted a beautifully made example similar to this made from a gearbox top married to a steering column. Well worth searching for on the forum. 

Steve Hodgson made me a fantastic replica of the Cambridge system (also supplied by Dante and Speedex and probably others)

I have made a search for Ian's post, without success, anyone know where it might be hiding please?
Is it just me or is the search function not very good?
you may have success here

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...light=joss

and here

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...light=joss
Thank you Squeak, I am much obliged. While the Joss/Ian remote is very similar to the one I saw, it has sophistication in its simplicity, the pivot being an example, brilliant.
Also a fine example of the use of Lumiweld, which has had its detractors here at countless car and tool shows.
I shall retreat to the workshop and contemplate my scrap bin............I am going now and may be some time!
Hi Jack, sorry I had not responded and thank you Squeak for the links. Jack FYI the Aluminium component of this remote was gas welded, it was not brazed with Lumiweld.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi Ian,
Thank you for the correction, I was almost ready to set aside my scepticism and believe in the magic of Lumiweld after all! Whatever it is superlative ali welding and a lovely overall job. Despite the originators lack of a lathe, I suspect it is beyond my skill set and ability level.