The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket man...
The following link comes via Lord Snooty, it seems not to have fazed Poppy, at all....

https://youtu.be/zsXWspo5hrc
It looks to get quite........warm!!
Goes nicely though

More fun in an Austin 7 than an electric conversion too.
Alan Fairless
Love the video. With no exposed moving parts it's clearly quite safe to wear a tie !
Where's the blue touchpaper?
I think I would be worried that the upper thrust pipe is glowing red in such close proximity to the driver seat.
One thing videos never properly capture is the unbelievable noise these things make. Having seen/heard one for real, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near it. It really is a proper scary bit of kit! Not for the faint hearted at all.
(14-01-2023, 06:38 PM)John H Wrote: One thing videos never properly capture is the unbelievable noise these things make. Having seen/heard one for real, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near it. It really is a proper scary bit of kit! Not for the faint hearted at all.

Here are a few relatively small ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv7KmL2A7oc
Dear RH
I have made a few adjustments to the power train of my Austin 7 project and would like to enquire regarding insurance ready for obtaining my licence. To allay any concerns I am currently working on a brake upgrade based on a ship's anchor.
Yours
Daisy, age 11
ps: I would like to add my younger sister to the insurance

hmm this might require some creative input...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
If This is in New Zealand I doubt very Much It could be legally run in a built up area (suburbia ) and even in a rural area the noise would be prohibitive.
Speaking from the experience of owning an American Dyna Jet in my youth, the noise from even a small single Ramjet is horrendous to say the least. They are available to buy from several sources for tethered flying (control Line ) and am not sure if Radio control is allowed as they are difficult to throttle, unlike a jet turbine which also is a lot less noisy.
I remember that when the jet stopped the echo of the noise it made resounded from the hills in the valley I live in.
A really reliable way to burst your ear drums and loose friendship with your neighbors and the noise police !
Starting on petrol involves a Model T Ford trembler coil and a spark plug. fuel injected from a tyre pump pressurising the tank initially, then spray bar once alight. ignition is automatic once running.