The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Significant Classic of 2022!
Some of you may follow my grandson Henry's Facebook page "Henry's Ruby".

Henry's just turned 11 and over the last two years has been building his 1937 Ruby "Ethelbert" entirely from scavenged and donated parts.  Many of his generous supporters are members of this Forum.  

The car is a complete "bitser", with parts having come from at least 60 different sources.  However, Henry has worked hard on it; it's now driveable and just before Christmas, with help from Pete Rowlands of the PWA7C, it was registered with DVLA with an age-related plate.

In November, through RH Insurance and the Square Wheels Car Club, Henry was invited to take Ethelbert to the NEC Classic Car Show, generating a great deal of interest as (probably) the youngest exhibitor present.  Just before Christmas, he was thrilled to hear that Classic Car Weekly had voted Ethelbert "Most Significant Classic of the Year", beating stiff competition from some very exotic and expensive machinery.

There seem to be very, very few young enthusiasts being given the support and encouragement that they need; apart from Henry, Daisy Dunford is the only other well-known example that I can think of.  We need more of them!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well done Henry!
Excellent news and well deserved, Henry - the Dunford girls are applauding their very own "Top Gun" lookalike. Big Grin
Well done Henry, a great result and a wealth of experience.
Congratulations Henry!
Well done, that's brilliant!
Great news - well done Henry (and the others..)
Excellent! And Well Done Henry.
"If only" my two sons have no interest in driving or owning any vintage car and have been around them all their lives,plus three grown up grandsons and four grown up grand daughters with not a jot of interest between them, I am going to try and hang on and see if my three great grandsons will take an interest, if not donate them to someone who will love and use them regards to all Rob.
I am fortunate in that my great grandson Leon is very keen.