Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want an easy way to transport your Seven?
Due to a change in circumstances, I still have our Mercedes Sprinter Van, fully set up for transporting an Austin Seven. It's time that the van went to a new owner now, so here's a second chance to consider a realistic way to move your car.

Before it's openly advertised (and before I remove the electric winch, ramps etc.), I thought I'd advertise it here in case anyone is interested in an easy way to get your Seven (plus a caravan, trailer tent or whatever) to events.

.jpg   20220703_183152s.jpg (Size: 56.46 KB / Downloads: 325)

.jpg   20220703_183055s.jpg (Size: 63.93 KB / Downloads: 321)

.jpg   20220703_183047s.jpg (Size: 65.04 KB / Downloads: 321)

The van is long enough to load any Seven, except a Big 7, although with a bit of re-engineering, that might be possible. I have not had a Ruby type in the van personally but they should fit; there have been several Box Saloons and 4 seat Tourers inside over the years.

This 2012 van has been privately owned by us for the last 6½ years. It has only covered minimal mileage in that time.
316 spec with powerful 160bhp engine, climate control, towbar, MWB, high roof, service history, 2 keys, cruise control, electric windows, ply lined, security locks, power steering, trip computer. Complete with electric winch, ramps and internal rails if necessary (rails not fitted at present).
Mercedes dealer serviced and maintained since 2017, 165,000 miles. Recent work includes new front brakes, ABS sensors all round, new shock absorbers all round, new power steering pump, new battery last year. MoT September 2024.
One or two small body dings but very presentable for the age of the vehicle. Cab is clean and tidy, later type seats, drives like new.
£6250 ono. It's a private sale, so no VAT is payable.

I'll be advertising this on the open market in a few weeks time, in the meantime, if you are interested, PM me.

Tim Reynolds
Bump from last year