The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The importance of proof reading..!
OK... it could have gone into pedants' corner, but I can't believe this is anything other than the work of autocorrupt.

Either way, I'm not looking for one of those!

.jpg   Screenshot_20230102-000943_Samsung Internet.jpg (Size: 154.8 KB / Downloads: 695)

Looks like another stolen Registration number Angry
I’m planing on taking a look at this one on Thursday

I need to have one to drive as the “family member” 37 ruby needs a lot of attention and it would help to goto club night in a live one. 

Never seen the mod on the exhaust manifold though. Any one know what that is for?

Also seems a bit pricey. But I really miss driving them…
Having looked at the ad, the description indicates obviously not being offered by any usual suspects. Not “richly patinated” no “considerable show history” or “double throttle return springs for competition use.” There is a school of thought that says only sandal wearing lentil eaters read the Grauniad, but it does make us wholly unwearied by tipos and spalling.

Stephen, not sure why it would have a vacuum windscreen wiper.
To wipe the vacuum windscreen of course! Stupid boy...
I'll put my vegan sandals on and get back to knitting my wholemeal jumper
I noticed the hilarious error too!

The car in question turned up amongst some autojumble at the Enfield Pageant of Motoring in May 2001 and I took some pictures of it. Looked to be a great candidate for a restoration, the bodywork being very sound. I spotted it subsequently at Bewl Water in June 2004, nicely restored.

Pity about the registration number.

Once again, a pretty honest car loses its historical number due to greed. With the original number gone the price should be reduced accordingly, in my opinion.
I agree. sad that they feel it’s necessary 

Also wow. How did you find those pictures so quickly. Looks like it was once a nice restoration. How has it been left to deteriorate again? Sad
As many of us well know, it is a constant battle to keep our cars preserved. It appears to depend on two things:-
1. The quality of the work done during restoration
2. The conditions under which the car is stored.

I know that, with my own car, where much of the paintwork appears to be original (judging from the bits that have flaked off!) it is a Sisephian task to keep it tidy and presentable, especially if, like me, your garage can turn into a cold damp hole during the winter months.

Keeping the underside, including under the wings, clean and well waxoyled seems to preserve things, whilst I always keep pots of paint and a selection of fine brushes to assiduously touch up any small chips that inevitably appear. a good coat of a quality car wax also does a lot towards keeping the car looking presentable.

Leaving a car unused in a cold garage can wreak havoc with its condition in quite a short time!
I make my own waxoyl (as I'm tighter than a submarine's window) - put some large candles (half a dozen or so) in the freezer overnight and then put them in a plastic bag & give them a good bashing with a lump hammer to break them up - use the Mem'Sahib's food processor if you're brave enough (I'm not). Put them in a bucket with a lid and add a litre of white spirit and half a litre of either clean gearbox oil or used (whatever your budget extends to) - cover it and leave it under the bench for about a month, stirring occasionally. When the wax has fully dissolved it's useable.