The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BMW Book
This week I took delivery of a book ' The Development History of BMW Automobiles, 1918 - 1932 '.  450 pages with a multitude of images, many colour, all contained in a slip case. Around 300 pages are devoted to the Dixi, BMW and Wartburg versions of the Seven and are a mine of information. Initially published in 2005, it is sadly now out of print and copies are expensive, topping £100. I was very fortunate to find a mint copy for just over £30 - the purchase of the year!
I recommend this book to anyone interested in this particular area of Seven history.
The Archive holds a copy of this book and I can concur with Chris, it is an excellent book...
I agree, an excellent read. I picked up mine on a visit to a BMW factory in the USA. I was impressed that they had a factory museum with a familiar looking car taking centre stage...

Here’s the link to a gem of a museum at Beusichem, near Utrecht. It’s chock full of early BMWs, starting with an early Dixi:

https://www.paul-wouters.nl/sman.htm

Lots of nice pictures!
Andrew Fallon
Netherlands