The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couldn't get a ticket for the centenary ?
Never worry it looks like this years one was a bit premature:-

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars...index.html
Don’t you just love experts
Does that mean we have to do it all over again? Oh good!
Alan Fairless
Does that mean we have to do it all over again? Oh God.....
Citroen BX?
Hmmm.
The wagon - sorry, "break" - as shown here, was rather unusually ugly for a Citroen, unlike the GS/GSA Break which was outstandingly pretty.
The use of plastic body parts was interesting though.
Contrary to it's reputation, the BX is a very good car. I had three of them in my younger days, those cars are very comfortable and offer endless space to move amplifiers and speaker cabinets. Wink And they are cheap and also reliable, none of them did ever let me down.

A Saab 900 I had too, but that was a bad example, I had always trouble with the turbo charger.

But - for my money - the Bentley Turbo R ist the most tasty car on this list, shortly after the Austin Seven... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I also had 3 BXs, all diesels. The last one, a TZD Turbo was a belter.

There is actually a link between the Citroen Hydraulic suspension and the Bentley. When they developed the Mulsanne Turbo, its phenomenal power and acceleration despite its size and weight meant that the rear suspension would bottom out on full chat. They solved the problem by adding self levelling suspension using citroen oleopneumatic spheres...

The Mulsanne is a lovely beast, as long as you can afford to feed it.

Also featured in this "top ten" is the Triumph Spitfire. I had a Mk1 many moons ago in my foolish youth, and then around 1980 I bought a Mk4 from the nephew of a neighbour, for £25 and made it into one of these (very grasshopper-ish):

[Image: 20181215-113543.jpg]

It's still on the DVLA register, apparently.
Reckless, Bentley /Rolls Royce actually had self levelling from the mid seventies. It was always under licence from Citroen but until 1980ish the spheres and valves were made in house. Later cars used Citroen parts sources from Citroen UK. The the Turbo R used the same basic parts as other cars in the range but spring and damper rates were changed. Sorry to be pedantic, but I did help design it.
Alan Fairless
I stand corrected. I was only relating something I was told...

[Image: OIP.nye_4VUwvMsm--iaccmmFAHaHS?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
What we did do was a high flow rate valve for the levelling on turbo R. You could actually hear the fluid flow over the engine noise. It was a good job the clock was so noisy !
Alan Fairless