The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The start of my van's body build

.jpeg   49221FD2-E43C-4677-9F3E-B020D1C48FE8.jpeg (Size: 652.55 KB / Downloads: 629)
Ruairidh, thank you for the fantastic pics that show what I am looking to see.

There is no scuttle for this build as I have to make / form it around the frame work. It is a whole new body.  With the pics you have posted I can sort out the issues fairly easily.

John's instructions are not the clearest when it comes to some of the steps and one has to look at a lot of photos when you can find them to provide the answer or some clarity on the problem.

I value input from others who are doing or have done what i am doing right now. Thank you again for taking the trouble to help in this regard.

Stephen

Peter, thank you for your information as this will help a great deal in getting the from to assume the correct configuration. I wish that John was still alive so that I could get clarity about some of this from him.

Cheers,
Stephen
THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU GOT WITH A JOHN HEATH BODY KIT

For those of you who are wondering about John Heath's replica bodies and replacement parts I thought I would post the instructions you would have received here so you can read them for yourself or copy them if you need to.

I would welcome hearing from those of you who have built or are building / contemplating building one of his kits.

Cheers,
Stephen

INSTRUCTIONS CONTINUED:

In case you were wondering I coloured some of the structural drawings to make things a little easier to understand.
Cheers,
Stephen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow! Some very competant (or brave) people out there. Hats off to anyone doing this...and what detailed instructions...no cgi there!
Still puzzled about these four holes in the floor just over where the rear springs are. I'm wondering if there was a pad of some kind riveted  here in case the axle bottoms out and the springs come in contact with the body?

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks,
Stephen
I can't see any logical purpose for those, unless they are for a wooden batten needed as part of a support for the leading edge of the van floor.
Hi Stephen

The fourth photo in Nick Anderson’s post of his saloon restoration shows timber battens in this area. Like Mike I’m guessing that they are there to support the van floor which would probably have been a flat loading platform?

Cheers

Howard
I note that there are no access holes in the floor for the rear spring retaining nuts or the 'U' bolts.
Thank you for your input.

Mike: Hadn't thought of that...will look into it.

Howard: Will look at that and see if I need to make these up

Reckless: I'm glad you mention this. I think I'll add these while the floor pan is off the chassis. Thanks for the heads up.

Stephen
Howard, I looked for ages  for Nick Anderson's posts but had no luck at all. Was the thread on the old forum?
Cheers,
Stephen