The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Cap , Breather ??
I’ve got a couple of of caps neither of which appears to fit with the fuel tank or engine 
Any ideas what I have ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think the top one is an oil filler cap which is missing its spring clip....the bottom one could be missing its clip too!
I think the bottom one is a Ruby petrol cap, which should have two small pins to secure it; it looks like your filler connection has been modified to take a different cap.
There is a filter tube strainer fitted 
So the brass lugs at 120degrees isn’t standard ?
Agree with Ivor, the top one looks like an oil cap minus the critical clip which goes across the diameter and is retained by two rivets.
This is a Fourteen fuel cap, (minus the retention cable and cork washer) which I have been told is identical to the Seven version.
 Although Mike C mentions two pins...

Attached photo is of fuel filler on 1937 Ruby. I can't see how your cap relates to this.

My informant was wrong, I guess.  I've never directly compared it to a Ruby one...
I stand corrected - three pins it is!
Hi A G Wood, I meant that I can't see any relationship between my filler and the cap of k8207...  yours appears to be quite similar to mine. 
Cheers 
Graham
Your first photo is an oil filler cap which has lost it's retaining clip, here's a photo of a complete on C/O
.jpg   Seven Workshop oil filler cap.jpg (Size: 57.92 KB / Downloads: 99) the Seven Workshop