The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contemplating Naval?
Recently I was asked about a Miliary Seven apparently lurking in Northern Ireland- Paddy Malone is interested in locating it.
I couldn't help as I live about as far away from the 6 counties as it's possible to get on this Island.

However, it got me thinking about Military Sevens and although I'm aware that a fair number of 'scout 'and 'radio' cars were 
used by the Army and the RAF, I never heard of any Naval types. Anyone know if wheeled Sevens were used by on shore 
establishments, were any sent 'on board' to be used overseas, or were there any Thetis engined Seven Seagul launch flotillas??
Huh
Anyone know????
Hi, I am the owner of the possible military seven lurking in Northern Ireland and am happy to be contacted.

Stephen.
Not quite what you're getting at Ian but there was a rather odd ex-Admiralty Ruby on ebay a few years ago. Odd because it had been re-bodied with an aluminium body made, allegedly by young trainees. At a glance it looked more like a big Seven than a Ruby. Why and when I don't know.
Whilst cleaning the rear wheel arch of the crud of ages prior to repainting on one of our RN saloons I found a large arrow stamped in the metal, this is just like the MOD arrow and about 3/4" long. I took a photo of it 30 odd years ago but can't find it. What did this signify?
(30-11-2022, 10:06 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: Whilst cleaning the rear wheel arch of the crud of ages prior to repainting on one of our RN saloons I found a large arrow stamped in the metal, this is just like the MOD arrow and about 3/4" long. I took a photo of it 30 odd years ago but can't find it. What did this signify?

Hi Dave

According to a submariner friend of mine, arrows were painted / stamped on all military items that were to be disposed of by the forces.

We have a pair of bedside cabinets that he identified as standard Navy issue for on shore accommodation and these have arrows painted on the underside.  My father had a Reid camera (wartime Leica copy) that had a small arrow stamped on the top rangefinder.

Cheers

Howard
Stephen  SJT?

---Jolly Tricky??

Thanks for your response  --I'll send you a private message.

Any  'arrows' on your car? was it ever in Scotland (Aberdeen reg ?)

Ian C  

Bantry