The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE CENTENARY EVENT WINS THE RAC 'MOTORING SPECTACLE' AWARD 2022
Ever since we heard that the Centenary Event was in the running for this award we have had our collective fingers crossed for success, and last night our hopes and dreams came true.

Coming on top of the recognition bestowed by Octane Magazine's Historic Motoring Awards, and the Classic & Sportscar Club Awards, the third cherry on the Centenary Event cake has arrived in the form of this fantastic award from the world-renowned Royal Automobile Club.

We were finalists alongside Concours on Savile Row and The Sir Jackie Stewart Classic – presented by Rolex, so in very rarified company. But in the end the Centenary Event triumphed.

The judges said: "Separating our top three proved incredibly difficult for the judges, but in the final reckoning it was the truly remarkable, once-in-a-lifetime gathering of 1000 Austin Sevens that got the nod. As spectacular to look at as it was fascinating, the week-long gathering was a collaboration between the Austin Seven clubs and included road runs, a sprint event at Prescott, a pop-up museum and more. A worthy tribute to an iconic car."

On behalf of the organising team, Paul Lawrence, the secretary of the A7CA (and truly a tireless worker before, during, and after the Centenary Event!) was at the RAC Club to receive the trophy and said, 'it was a real honour to accept the award on behalf of all those involved in the event'.

What a fitting reward for everyone who took part in supporting, organising or participating in the Centenary Event and the associated Festival at Prescott!

Once again all who were on the organising committee a big thank you. You can be and no doubt will be very very proud of yourselves.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Three nominations - against some heavyweight candidates - resulting in three awards, a clean sweep no less - there is nothing more to be said, except to repeat yet again, what a fantastic job the organisers did in reinforcing Lord Austin's wonderful little car's place in the British motoring pantheon. Well done everyone.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Amazing!

Well done A7CA.

Cheers

Howard
Congrats well done to all the organisers, well deserved for a superb event.
First of all congrats and well done to all. as I read all of these awards coming in, a question.

What happens to them? I know there there is an archives but is it a place that I could visit if I were in the UK? Is there a museum that the club is attached to? Is it on public display?

thanks again all
JP
Brilliant news and well deserved, Rosie and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but she’s still scared stiff of being crushed by a lorry every time we go out in the Austin, perhaps I need to upgrade to a 20!
Excellent news and well deserved for all the team, I was simply an attendee with my A7 but feel immense pride in just being able to say we were there.
Brilliant, well done to one and all.
Well we all knew that it was brilliant, but now three major awards, greatest congratulations to that wonderful team for the centenary achievements.
JP - if you are ever in the UK, a visit to the Archive could certainly be arranged. Get in touch if you are coming this way and we can sort something out. The three awards we have recently won will be lodged there and will appear on the Archive Web site in the fullness of time...

As a general point, it is hoped that the Archive will be open on a regular basis from 2023 onwards, probably one day per month, and visits by appointment can be arranged...