The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AE Chummy Wing Fitting
Hello all, I'm currently having a bit of a battle getting the wings sorted for my '29ish AE Chummy project. I have a complete mismash of front/rear wings and running boards, none of which are original to the car, and it's not particularly obvious where they should all be located. It's also not helped by some of the more recent body repairs covering up mounting holes. 

The wings I'm using are all of the slightly rarer(?) flat running board type as opposed to what I think is the more common type where the running board ends curl up to meet the wings. 

I've started from the front, using the cow horns as the known reference point and I'm fairly confident that the front wings are broadly in the right place. 

I think both the running boards and rear wings are later reproductions, and it initially seems like the running boards are too long. Is anyone able to provide a rough measurement of the running boards so I can have an idea of if this is where it's not quite right? I'm also struggling to find many reference pictures for this type of running board so if anyone is able to provide some images it would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks all.
Hi Rupert,

have a look here: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/albaaustins/...e-tourers/
Also, if you have a copy of Wyatt, the profiles of the various wings made are shown in the back.
Thanks Ruairidh, that's a really useful set of images