The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17" Wheels
I have "Inherited" a collection of 17" Wheels from my father.

I have quite a few, some early some late some with hub caps some without some with quick release some without. 
I want to get a full set (6) re power coated for my Ruby. (one to store - "in case") 

I want to get rid of the rest (sell) but what I'm wondering is, is there a market to sell them as needing re coating, or recoated? and is it better in sets of 4, or individuals???? 

What does the forum think?

Steve
Put them on the FOR SALE section with pictures
Rough wheels cosy about £20 imo
Thanks Tiger

So you think i should sell them rough?

I've not seen any in restored condition before for sale, so i have no idea what the market is for that Big Grin

Steve
Purely as a personal opinion I dislike the use of powder coating for wire wheels. Perhaps I am alone in this but at least if you sell them untreated the buyer can decide how to proceed.

Regards

Stuart
I agree. Sell them as they are then the customer can see what they're getting.
How many wheels have you actually got ??????
15 to 20 spare. I also have one hub with no rim and one with virtually no rim Smile
Hi Steve
I am looking for two Austin seven wheel centres to make some race wheels from. I have good wheels bur dont want to damage good ones that can be used by someone else. 
Do you have a pair of centres or damaged wheels hat would be suitable to be respoked that you want to sell?
Best Wishes
Shane

shanedrou@hotmail.com
I was told that originally powder coating was for indoor appliances and was not waterproof.  I have only used it over zinc galvanized surfaces myself but I think there are water proof powder coatings now.  Can anyone advise?  
I have wheels to get blasted and coated with something some time.  
I have used two pot industrial coatings on none car stuff so far.  Bruce