The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carb gasket
What does the gasket thing look like for the float and needle. I think that i have a 26pa or what ever the letters are.
If it’s a 26va ( though that’s a bit late for your car) it doesn’t have a gasket on the float bowl just a fibre washer on the needle valve.
What does the fiber washer look like? Mine looks as if they replaced it with a rubber one
It is normally a red or black fibre washer, sometimes you may find a soft aluminium washer instead of the fibre. You can use the thickness of the washer to correctly set the correct fuel level in the float chamber. If the level is too high use a thicker washer. If to low then a thinner washer.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
How do you know what size holes are needed?
Personally, I have a box of assorted fibre washers and I just sort through and find one that fits whatever I am installing.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
I don’t know the size of the washer but measure the diameter of the needle valve assembly where it is threaded to screw into the carb body. That will give you the size of washer you want.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.