The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King pin renewal
Hello all, My Mk1 1935 Ruby is ready for some new kingpins. Because of my failing eyesight and the lack of tools to do the job ie.A suitable reamer I am considering having it done by a competent repairer. Can any forum member recommend or suggest a repairer. One in the East Midlands would be preferred if possible.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
You'll need to make sure that there isn't any wear in the axle eyes before you do anything. Ruairidh Dunford can do all that for you.
I can repair your axle eyes, if required, John.

I also provide a king pin/bush replacement service, both by post. Email me on info@albaaustins.co.uk for more information, timings and prices.
Ruairidh isn't in the East Midlands, John, but with the economic carriers around these days that's a minimal issue. Very much the go to person.

Steve
Wonderful line from a seventies Police Drama. “ Rhuairidh isn’t in the East Midlands, John.” At which point the two senior detectives jump into a Ford Granada jam sandwich and rush up the M1. Sorry, some distraction needed.
Steve Kay, I am glad you said ‘Drama’. I didn’t really work lik that.

John Mason.
Thanks for the reply’s, I am sending it to Ruairidh Dunford for repair.

John Mason.
May I say - good decision John - Mr Dunford is a 
class act with this kind of job.