The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heating the workshop
(13-10-2022, 08:40 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

Of course the other alternative is move into the warmth of the house  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin.

I’m sure we all have sympathetic wives partners etc!  What’s the problem with engine building in the kitchen!

In jest

Howard

Not in jest. I found the kitchen too small and too busy. Fifty years ago my A40 farina smashed a piston so the rebuild was either outside in the cold and dark, or in the house. I chose the living room in front of the Parkray with lots of newspaper on the floor. With mother's permission.
Andrew's tale reminds me of the time, many years ago, when I friend of mine blew the engine up on his Alfa Romeo Giuietta coupe. His parents had gone on holiday, so the engine was removed, stripped and all the bits taken to his works where thy had an industrial washing parts machine. The garage was considered too dirty to reassemble the engine, so this was done in the clean environment of the family kitchen. Unfortunately, my friend was also looking after his younger sister who couldn't wait to tell the parents on their return. His mother went beresque!
I rebuilt my first Austin 7 engine on a desk in my bedroom at 16 years old.
It was ideal as most of fathers good spares were in the loft above my bedroom !
Needless to say my bed was not under the boxs of spares they were above a wall.