The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Queen drive an Austin Seven
I saw on Facebook a reference to the Queen having an Austin Seven. Does anybody have any information or photos they can share?
She owned a Seven, it is on display at Balmoral, a C Cab.

See here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andreboeni/51287053234
On this very sad day, that’s cheered me up, I never knew that.
Actually the van at Balmoral belonged to the Ballater butcher Mike Sheridan, who died about ten years ago. And if you look into Glen Muick church in the middle of Ballater, the newish stained glass window commemorates Mike and one of the panels shows his blue van (and has a plaque on it saying its a Ruby....).

Sorry - just to clarify, its the van at Balmoral has the plaque on it. The stained glass window just shows the van out on a local road.
You are correct in that Mike used to own it - it was bought by the Royal Estate a few years ago, however.

His other (Ruby) van is still owned by the family and is in the process of being recommissioned by his grandson.

Both vans were on display at the Castle at one time and the plaque still there refers to the later one.
Here is the plaque at Balmoral, the two vans have been confused, photo is the late one and text appears to be referring to the early one.

interesting seats in the C Cab? Lovely story all round.
Okay thanks. I did not know the Balmoral estate had bought the van. But that is the plaque it had on it in July...
I'm sure she probably built an Ulsteroid at some point in her reign. 70 years was a long time, so statistically pretty likely.
She did Jon, and I am about to list it on ebay
Black Art Enthusiast