The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centenary articles in magazines.
I've been looking back through the magazines that did articles on the Seven this year and I thought it worthwhile to document them. I know the club archivist was keeping copies, I'm happy to donate any he doesn't have. 

I'll split this over multiple replies to meet the 10 image limit per post, the pictures are clickable for larger versions. 

Classic Cars. June. 

Classic Car Weekly. 27 July.

The Automobile. August. Three good articles.

.jpg   Automobile-Aug-04.jpg (Size: 274.17 KB / Downloads: 609)
.jpg   Automobile-Aug-05.jpg (Size: 206.02 KB / Downloads: 607)
.jpg   Automobile-Aug-06.jpg (Size: 262.89 KB / Downloads: 608)
.jpg   Automobile-Aug-07.jpg (Size: 222.78 KB / Downloads: 608)        
The Automobile. August (continued).

The Automobile. September. Good coverage of Morton.

.jpg   Automobile-Sep-01.jpg (Size: 191.19 KB / Downloads: 608)                    

And of course, the various club magazines. I offer this one from the Solent Club as a random example!

These are just the ones I bought, I'm sure there are others (I believe Octane did a feature).
Nice collection but I can’t see the larger (readable) versions of any image without having to sign up to a Morgan forum (Talk Morgan)

Charles
Sorry about that! I've moved the images into the posts. The "thumbnails" are a little on the large side but they should all be ok now.
Thanks Ian
I was sent this from Octane, it mentions a further article on the event itself but I don't yet have a physical copy...

.png   IMG_0131.PNG (Size: 401.79 KB / Downloads: 609)
Thank you, Ian. A great record to have. I've sent you a PM.
Hello Ian. Thanks for doing this, there are certainly publications here that I have missed. I was donated a copy of CCW (thanks to Andy Lowe), I have the offer of a September Automobile from a local A7 pal and have got a copy of Octane earmarked when the appropriate Centenary article is published. However, the other you highlight are ones that I have missed. I am accumulating a collection of Centenary related ephemera and would like to add these.

If you are happy to donate these, I would be very happy to receive them. Could you drop and email to archivist@a7ca.org when you have a mo' The same goes for any other publications that people would be happy to donate. The Archive, by habit, does not hold collections of individual Club magazines but, like the Solent Club one, it would be nice to add specific individual copies as part of a record of the event.. All offers gratefully received..

many thanks..

Hugh