The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFL dynamos.
Do I remember correctly when there was doubt over the efficacy of Wynns oil treatment, a Wynns treated car was drained of its oil and driven across Australia?
Eerr! Why ?  Huh
Apparently is was to demonstrate that the engine would continue to run without seizing up or running the bearings as the remaining lubrication properties of Wynns left in the system was sufficient to provide all lubrication the engine needed...
Penn and Teller Fool Us  Big Grin
Well the world is no longer flat and modern techniques and materials really have improved
I wonder why any of our "long life frictionless bearings" ever wear out especially in a lightweight 7
As said previously if you have scientific proof then please publish the results...no evidence has been offered to date and hearsay of long ago has no place.

I really hope that 8 years of university study by my son, paid for by me, for his PHd. then Doctorate (before student loans came in) was not a waste of time and money.

Dennis
Hi Dennis

The study for a PhD is extremely commendable and the badge should be worn by the recipient AND his parents. It shows grit, determination and dexterity let alone the mastery of the English language. I congratulate you and your son on the achievement.  He might not solve the questions posed on the lubrication of our cars but will be a force to be reckoned with in whatever discipline he is in!

Bravo

Howard
(27-08-2022, 06:55 PM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote: Well the world is no longer flat and modern techniques and materials really have improved
I wonder why any of our "long life frictionless bearings" ever wear out especially in a lightweight 7
As said previously if you have scientific proof then please publish the results...no evidence has been offered to date and hearsay of long ago has no place.

Note- Rolling Element Bearings are called 'anti-friction' not frictionless ?

The Austin Seven bearings rarely 'wear out' - most life shortening damage results from poor fitting practice, poor lubrication. dirt and or rust.

The bearing sizes are well over the load requirements.

Your 'scientific proof' doesn't seem to come from major Lubricant providers- Shell, Mobil, BP etcetera but what would they know Big Grin
Thank you Howard.  He worked very hard.

Dennis

"Proof not from major suppliers"
Why should it be if they were beaten to a better formula which was proved correct, patented and in use in many industrial applications lubrication to great effect.
Don't all the "major companies" all claim that their additive concoctions are better?

The Test figures were actually done in comparison to the same test using other top oils; not just in isolation.

Perhaps all those many industries using it in their machinery lub. oil/grease are getting it wrong.  Perhaps I am deluding myself with the improvements I seem to see.....I shall still continue to enjoy the benefits and savings.
Gosh all those unrelated people telling porkies and 2 highly regarded labs giving false proof......nah. 

Sorry my mistake.....anti-friction bearings not friction-less.

Dennis
I’m bored now
Alan Fairless