The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Damper discs
(05-01-2023, 11:32 AM)JohnD Wrote: When fitting these new friction discs from Suspension Supplies, do you still need the brass disc?

I have spoken and place an order with SSL and they have confirmed that no brass disc is required, incase anyone else was wondering!
If the discs are meant to run against bare metal, won't that rust? If against paint, what would the result be? Can there be any harm in running against fixed brass discs?
(10-01-2023, 07:55 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: If the discs are meant to run against bare metal, won't that rust? If against paint, what would the result be? Can there be any harm in running against fixed brass discs?

The timber disc runs against base steel as designed so can see no real difference ?
Hey, John.

If it helps you decide, I have fitted a couple of sets of these now and have used the brass discs.
(11-01-2023, 03:20 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Hey, John.

If it helps you decide, I have fitted a couple of sets of these now and have used the brass discs.

Ohh thats interesting - when i spoke with the supplier he said to not use the disc if its free floating but if the disc is held by a rivit or similar then retain. 

Iam open to opinions, we can discuss when i phone you about those springs later this week
Boingggggg!