The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 branch exhaust manifold questions
Hi Dave

Thanks for the kind words.  I’ve dispensed with the manifold nuts and used 12mm brass rod, drilled and tapped 1/4 BSF and 3/8” long button head Allen key screws glued in the ends with high strength Loctite. Hopefully I don’t have to unbolt the manifold when it’s hot enough to loosen the Loctite  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard
It looks brilliant Howard. And much more in keeping with your special. 

How did you fabricate it in the end?
Good job, looks great. What size of pipe did you use?
[attachment=19862 Wrote:Nick Lettington pid='87885' dateline='1663358519']It looks brilliant Howard. And much more in keeping with your special. 

How did you fabricate it in the end?

(16-09-2022, 09:29 PM)Belinni Wrote: Good job, looks great. What size of pipe did you use?

Hi Nick
Thanks, I made a sketch first then cut a wooden jig. I used mandrel bends cut, tack welded and then brazed to seal the joints.  

Hi Belinni 
The pipes joined to your plate are 32mm OD but the bends and main pipe are 35mm OD.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   0CC274FB-13DA-4B30-AFD3-4324470F5202.jpeg (Size: 51.61 KB / Downloads: 363)

Attached Files
.jpeg   B30B568F-63CA-41EF-8E8B-B531B7310D6B.jpeg (Size: 142.45 KB / Downloads: 352)
This looks very smart, Howard, nice work.
You'll be getting orders...! Looks beautiful.
hello Howard

are you intending to make this manifold commercially. if so can you provide an indicative price and delivery time.

lovely piece of work that will look great on my special

Bernard Snoodyk
Hi Ruairidh Jon and Bernard

Thanks for the kind words.

No chance of doing this commercially.

For information it’s taken me hours and nearly £200 in materials. Please feel free to use the sketch earlier in the thread.

Cheers

Howard
The second one will be quicker... you know what your doing now Howard... but £200 on materials is a bit spenny.

It really does look good though and assuming you don't count the 'cost' of your time (if you did, you'd never do anything new) it's probably cheaper than buying something that wasn't quite what you were after.

Nice work.
Thanks again Nick

The material costs are high as I bought mandrel bends with too long legs and extra straight tube that I didn’t need. Still the extra tube may come in useful.

Cheers

Howard