The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zenith 26VA differences
I'm sure I've seen this covered before but a search of the forum didn't turn it up for me, so apologies if it has.

I've recently managed to get a refurbished Zenith 26VA carb and I've realised the float bowl on the one I did have is different. In particular it is heavier and has a completely flat base. It also has "Z3" stamped on it.

.jpg   Zenith-03b.jpg (Size: 38.94 KB / Downloads: 177)

I'm assuming this isn't correct for a 1933 A7?  It has been on the car since I bought it a year ago and has been working, although the mixture has always been too rich. The attachment bolts are hexagonal rather than square, if that's a clue.

Thanks for any help and once again apologies if this is a rookie question!
I had a parallel problem when I first had my car, and posted a question on this forum. Ruairidh Dunford was especially helpful in getting the right bits with the right carb (they are not interchangeable).

If you look for this thread, it is called "Carburettor Problems" and is on page 228 of the forum
Thanks David, I knew I had seen it here before.

For reference, here is the link to the definitive answer: https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...4#pid27324

I'm off out to the garage again to check.