The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Austin 10 bits that fit an Austin 7
About 25 years ago I bought an Austin 10 Litchfield for £5 that had sat dismantled at the bottom of a garden. It wasn't much good and I sold most of it on, apart from a few bits that were in the shed. Knowing the chap who'd taken it to bits, it's very unlikely that there were parts from any other car mixed in. A few years ago I looked at the exhaust manifold that came with it and found it had the same part number cast into it as that on my ORT. Recently I found the petrol pump and was surprised to find the actuating arm (that sits against the cam lobe) was also the same as that on my 7... we're these bits off the 10? Are there any other bits that might have also been of use?

Enough waffle, my last question relates to the pump... having cleaned up the pump from the 10 (to build up a spare) I find the brass unions from a worn 7 pump body are too small to fit into the one from the 10... I believe these have a tapered thread. I don't suppose anyone would know what size and thread they are likely to be on the pump body from the 10?