The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Model B Coupe
From an interesting Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=329...9151777413
"Just walked back from a friend's home (whose business is collecting & delivering classic vehicles around the country) following the invite he had something I would be interested in seeing.
I'm still a bit of an Austin virgin but have been told it's a B-type coupe & quite rare by all accounts. It'll be going to South Norfolk Classics in Diss soon so thought it was a great opportunity to take a few snaps & share them with you."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The B5 car number is rather sus. 

Though GC was a Dec 1929 to March 1930 issue only so contemporary to the car possibly, but not contempary with the B5 car number.

What strange goings on!
Yes, a B-type coupe; this was for sale a few years ago at some astronomical price, from memory with a dealer somewhere on the south coast. I was tempted, subject to a serious revision on price, but was also put off by a number of anomalies. If I recall correctly the car was registered with the B5 car number which obviously doesn't belong, all the other numbers fitted with a mid-1929 A9 identity.
Does it have a registration number?
It did have at the time - a two letter, three number from memory, but since the plates are missing on these photos, it's probably been robbed ...
This is a previous advert, where the registration number at that time can be seen as GC 280

https://classicmoto.rs/auto/austin-b-typ...xdSyU.html
According to the DVLA, GC 280 is now on a silver 2010 Smart Car of all things with the latest V5 being issued on 5 July 2022.

Steve
What a waste, especially if the car really does have history...actually, thinking about it, if the car is given an age related plate, most will think it’s a fake anyway!
GC was issued Dec 29 to March 30, which is right for the car itself.
(31-07-2022, 02:41 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: GC was issued Dec 29 to March 30, which is right for the car itself.

Yes, as I noted above, particularly odd if as Mike says its registered on the B5 Car number. Which is what 1932?. GC was used up by then