The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass-less Ruby
Did anybody else spot the partially-restored Ruby with no windscreen (or other glass) that had been driven from - I believe - South Wales? That's what I call enthusiasm!
Hi Tony

Yes from Resolven in the Neath Valley.  Alan and Kim Ogburn only got the car running the night before and made the trip with no problems.  An air conditioned Ruby no less, ideal for the weather at the time!

Cheers

Howard
(28-07-2022, 09:13 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Tony

Yes from Resolven in the Neath Valley.  Alan and Kim Ogburn only got the car running the night before and made the trip with no problems.  An air conditioned Ruby no less, ideal for the weather at the time!

Cheers

Howard

Thanks, Howard. It's good to know that the spirit of tightening down the last nut, ripping off the overalls and immediately heading off on a long journey is still in the DNA of A7 owners.
The glass less Ruby was parked just behind my own Ruby on the Saturday, I never did catch up with the owners but I found it really interesting as my own Ruby had no interior woodwork in the car and I struggled some 30 odd years ago to find details.
However I was pleasantly surprised just how close I managed to get it. I have a couple of extra wooden sections but otherwise it turned out pretty close.
There was also a roofless Pearl driven from Solihull to the event for the Saturday event.

Stephen