The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
original set screws for 'bridge' loom clips on scuttle top?
Can anyone confirm if they are countersunk, panhead, round head... or other, please?
Given the length of manufacture, the many many changes that happened over time to so many aspects, can it really ever be said to a question like this that any individual 'believed to be original' set up is therefore what was always done? The previous discussion on attaching patent plates by rivets, screws etc stands as an example.
Some nice period looking panhead or round head would surely satisfy the most critical of views up to any concourse opinion.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
They are round head 2BA on my RN saloon. It's been in our family 86 years now.
Andy, as someone who spent most of Prescott staring in through windows in the carparks rather than poring over the twin cam, I think the exact answer for rivets is just persistence! This matters not a jot as it's going on to a special, but Dave's answer is the kind of one that satisfies for me and I'll note that down somewhere... thanks.
JonE, i wasn't trying to be awkward, just raising the musing about what can be considered standard, especially across the years, given the reality that for non 'safety' or non 'mechanical spec' fixings it was possible that the month after Dave's car was produced someone found a cheaper supply of pan heads and put those on the line instead, or indeed the other way around, in that Dave's, assuming they are original, might have been from a 'new' box of fixings.

As you say, it would appear from Dave's reply at least for a period, 2BA round head was used, unless of course Dave's great great..... changed them Smile

ps: jealous you got to Prescott
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
absolutely agree Andy! (In this case, I'm actually going to go to 4BA for the Gould body build as everything seems so heavy and large when you work out what its actually doing holding a few wires together. My bridge loom things are carved from wood anyway... )

Hopefully someone with other cars will be along soon to bring up other finds on undisturbed cars....
My '32 RN has 2Ba round head screws too,it's not been messed about with for at least 50 years.
Are they definitely 2BA or 3/16" BSF?
3/16” BSF Roundhead
Thanks Henry. I am not going out to the shed to look. I am sure you are correct.