The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Centenary volunteers!
I have to mention last night’s Band. It included probably the best jazz banjo player and the best trumpet player in the UK. Brilliant!!
Alan Fairless
Back home this afternoon and everything put away before the rain started. What a tremendous week we've had. I'm sure the organisers could tell of all sorts of things that needed sorting behind the scenes but from the outside looking in the whole week look to run smoothly and efficiently. A true credit to everyone involved. I've met up with friends I see regularly, friends I haven't seen for 30 years or more and everything in between. To see so many Sevens in one place yesterday was something very special and the various displays of the more rare and exotic over the week was memorable. As for the 'Pop Up Museum', like most, I thought it jaw dropping. Thank you so, so much to all involved in the organisation. You put on something that will be talked about for years with those who attended being proud to say 'I was there'.

Steve
Back home in Norfolk - thanks to RH for the last 50 miles - and already missing Moreton !

Cherry and I both enjoyed every part of it - good cars, good food, good beer, good company, good entertainment and, most importantly, good planning and organization.

I cannot praise the committee and the army of volunteers  enough, and thank them sincerely for their efforts...

What a week!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Can I add my thanks to all the organising team and volunteers for the Centenary event. It was a truly memorable show and a great marker for the 100th anniversary of our favourite cars.

Well done!

Tim Reynolds
I am so pleased so many people have responded with their thanks to the organisers, marshals, and unseen behind the scenes staff who provided a fitting celebration for our little cars. The FBC staff were pleasant and helpful at all times. I would like to add my thanks too.

Great times

Pete
(24-07-2022, 01:30 PM)Alan Wrote: I have to mention last night’s Band. It included probably the best jazz banjo player and the best trumpet player in the UK. Brilliant!!

They were very good. For anyone who missed them, here's a short clip of one of their up tempo numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRhZw6XjueQ

Sue and I would like to add our thanks to all the organisers and volunteers who did such a great job during the week. We arrived home in the special a few hours ago. I think that we're both reasonably 'un-contorted' now, the car was quite loaded with luggage both inside and out making entering, exiting or driving the car a very 'cosy' experience.

[Image: 52238036551_d491a282d9_z.jpg]
I arrived back home in Boltby at 2.15 this afternoon.   I left the FSC at 7.00 am and had a super run up the Fosse Way back to Melton Mowbray, doing the 75 miles in a touch over two hours on quiet roads.   The rest of the journey was trouble free, my only mistake was taking the direct route from Selby to Thirsk via York.  Knowing that the bypass would be busy I chanced going through the city centre, big mistake!  The RN went like a rocket cruising on a light throttle and did a remarkable 52.6 mpg over the week, fully loaded and with the outward journey in 38 degree heat. 
As for the Centenary Rally itself, words cannot do the event sufficient justice.   Many many thanks to the countless volunteers who made this such a memorable week.  Also the FSC that provided the perfect venue, it was an inspired choice.
The evening entertainment was brilliant, I especially like the Oompah Band made up of Brummies and last nights Jazz band.
A special thanks to Scottish members John Davies and his Dad Ian who did an expert soldering job on my radiator after the overflow pipe decided to come adrift.   I returned home without using a drop of water.  As I passed through Collingham Village just north of Newark I returned the 5 gallon water container that a kind resident had given me to keep me going on the outward journey when the radiator was leaking badly.
THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED in the most memorable event ever.
What an event!

Thanks to the all the volunteers, organisers and the college staff. Everybody was so helpful.

Steve & Maggie
Without diminishing in any way the enormous amount of work that a large number of people did to ensure that the event ran so smoothly, I would also like to thank all those who just turned up and participated. In six days I didn't hear one word of dissent or complaint, and everyone I spoke to was unanimous in saying it was the most friendly and relaxed event they had ever attended. So well done, all of you!

Hi All

As a volunteer sticker distributor and trailer pass hander outer I can echo the friendly nature and lack of frustration by everyone. 

Especially late Tuesday evening with the temperature in the low 30’s anyone arriving at that time must have had a very gruelling journey. But no-one queried the rather eccentric route to the trailer park or the need to park their modern several hundred yards from the registration building.  Just a slight furrowed brow and wrinkled smile….then a thank you.

Thanks to organisers, more senior volunteers and all the participants for making the week just splendiferous, 

Also Morton on Wednesday evening was brilliant (the Co-op car park full of Sevens), Morton on Thursday morning was just brilliant.  Morton on Thursday evening was brilliant and ohhh Prescott…. Heaven.

Back home now and I’m still smiling despite the rain.

Cheers

Howard