The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nippy under cill to floor wood strip.
At last managed to clamp the 2 strips of Ash that fit between cill and floor into position.  This has been a struggle, partly my own fault, because I did not tell my panel beater/welder man that we should have used the old much broken/split strips as spacers when he welded in the new floors to the new cills he made.  It has taken ages to get the wood to fit the curve and to fit between cill lip and slightly wavy floor surface and to drill/counter sink for the screws.
On the journey shaping the wood my belt sander had a hissy fit and wore out the plain bearings in the tensioner/positioning roller so delayed work till a friend made me some more bearings.
Final process has been to brush soak the strips with wood preservative/woodworm preventative fluid then put them in a plastic bag with same fluid poured in and then left to soak thoroughly all through (hopefully )the  wood (Being rural Devon I run a permanent holiday home for woodworm so need to prevent stray guests going where they should not).
Final stage is remove wood from bag, wipe off surplus (very expensive) fluid and clamp in place + put screws in but lightly, not fully tightened.
This will now be left for just over a week till after the centenary celebration.
Theory is that the slightly springy soaking wood will be a good fit as if steamed and it will have dried out especially in this heat wave.
Next stage will be to remove both (again), paint recess and floor with KBS coatings Rust Seal and finally refit the wood.

No wonder Nippy was not finished in time for Centenary Blush .
Note to Father Christmas...need yet more G clamps.