The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adli Halabi RIP
I'm afraid I bring sad news this morning to tell you of the passing of Adli Halabi. For those of you who aren't aware, Adli was the first Registrar for the Association and, probably, was the only person in the 70s to have a computer on which he created the Chassis Register. Sadly, Adli had a stroke some weeks ago which revealed underlying health issues.

Adli was a man who didn't like the limelight and I only got to know him a couple of years ago when he made some very significant donations to the Archive. I will admit to being somewhat nervous of meeting him, but I found him to be instantly likeable and charming. There was always a twinkle in his eye, that's a fact. We got on very well..

His daughter Leah has been in touch and has circulated the following message. She asks that if anyone has memories or photos af her father, she would be happy to receive them at the email address she gives in her message:

We are saddened to announce the passing of our beloved father, Adli Souhail Halabi this evening surrounded by his closest family.  Please send any messages by email to adlihalabi007@hotmail.com
Funeral arrangements will be confirmed in due course.
With love Riva, Leah & Claudia x

Hugh
Very sad news, he was custodian of some very nice Sevens.

My thought go out to his family and friends.
What a very sad thing to have happen just before the Centenary Event. I am sure he would have been delighted to see what is taking place.
He was entered... I know he was looking forward to it...

:o(
The Association owes a huge debt to Adli who worked quietly behind the scenes to start and maintain the Register for many years - one of our most valuable resources.  On the rare occasions that he attended the quarterly meetings, he was always cheerful and amusing.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Sad news. Always seemed a pleasant bloke on the several occasions that we met and spoke. IIRC, he did a fair bit of everyday driving as well as the odd trial in the Reliant engined box saloon that he owned along with the exotic A7 stuff.
very sad news about adli,

i cant say i knew him well, but was asked to view some spares he had for sale at his house.

although this may have been a ploy to make an offer my supersports.

it did give me some fantastic memories of the day with adli though. 

and i always enjoyed the talks with him on the phone about sevens.

RIP

tony.