The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow?
I see some Arrow in this but the screen, whilst high quality, doesn't seem to follow? Just another special for sale. Thoughts?
.jpg   289567614_10166258313640111_5066388227366864915_n.jpg (Size: 179.52 KB / Downloads: 345)
.jpg   289590868_10166258313380111_3714499231532450294_n.jpg (Size: 132.66 KB / Downloads: 345)
I would ditch those front indicators and place beehive types on the wide front numberplate. Tidy up the bonnet strap mountings, and tell the parade girl not to sit on the scuttle again. Oh and put the spare wheel back on the rear deck to fill in the visual step , and we're good to go.
I'm really surprised no one else made any comments (other than one private message to follow up on it). It's an old ash frame and alloy. Who would make a special with that degree of complication/curve around the dash top? And don't those look like cut down front wings? I've been trying to work out whether with the slab back reinstated and a hanging tank in stead of that hideous add on, does it start to demonstrate any original underpinnings.
I suggested that the owner turn up at Beaulieu with it, as they aren't far away, and it would be an interesting buy for someone as opposed to a very cheap Ruby. But I see it's been properly listed in one of the Facebook groups now.
Jon

For me its not Arrow or part arrow. There are similarities at the scuttle, but I think the kink from vertical to horizontal is higher, which is followed in the bonnet line, also the shape under the screen looks different (as noted with a nasty dip in the middle). The 'step/lip' on the cabin side is also not present. Its certainly not an Arrow screen.

As I said the kink in the bonnet is higher, and the lourves etc are in the wrong place. Those are standard 31-34 front wings that have been chopped.

The back end looks deliberate, at least with those rear wings. The step is ugly, and I agree putting a spare wheel where it clearly once was would improve it. But I think putting a hood on it would improve it tremendously. It may well have had one as built.
Morris 8 E rear wings and Morris 8 series 1 or 2 bonnet sides I reckon.
Not knocking it at all but no parts are the equivalent with my Arrow (Competition 65\75). Similar in some ways but I doubt any Arrow there.
It will be interesting to find out more about the hood frame - is it old, predating the special - from whoever ends up with it.