The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos of Austin's Elder Daughter's Wedding + Australian Sporting History

It is from:

https://primotipo.com/tag/austin-7/
They don't look very happy about it!
Colin
Excellent that you've alerted Friends to this site. It is a tremendous resource for fans of Australian sporting Sevens and continues to be added to as fresh research becomes available.

The A7CA Archives contains a similar photo of when Irene's sister, Zita, was married, showing all the guests in their finery
It was this picture (from 1928) that first caught my attention...

We used that pic in the article on Australian racing in the 2020D issue of the Association Magazine.
THE good research pic for inflatable seat bags!
Excuse my igorance but if it is Austin on the right how come in uniform? And what are the fancy cuffs?
Bob,
Austin served as Honorary Colonel in the Royal Army Service Corp ( Territorial Army ) during WW1.
This would be the uniform.
Thanks Chris

The cuffs look like a bandsman's  outfit.

With the war still not over another relative in service may have been worrying. Or with the end near he may be worrying about future profits.
Waite's later Seven racing must have been a concern. Perhaps Austin had not heard of the steering arms.

There was so much prep with old photos the groups often look bored.  (My father used to pace out distance etc for his folding camera).
Curious how they lifted the Seven. Little to grasp if direct lifting and a big step for a front  then rear jack, or the rockingtype used for cahnging race tyres. Imagine the fuss today if it fell and someone was mildly hurt.

When I only had screw jacks I used to service my Jowett by lifting with a  beam between the bumper irons and a chain block
During the 1914-18 war Officer's badges of rank moved from the cuffs to the epaulettes (shoulders). There appears to be a crown & pip on Sir Herbert's cuffs (Lt Colonel). Arthur Waite is wearing a later pattern Service Dress with three pips on his shoulder as a Captain. He also appears to have Gorget red tabs which imply he was an Officer on the General Staff - "The Staff".  His medal ribbon looks as if it could be an MC (Military Cross)
Sir Herbert was NOT a bandsman! He also has a medal ribbon that I cannot attempt to identify! Possibly a Territorial Service medal or a civilian honour permitted to be worn with uniform (MBE or something?)
Now the red tabs are only worn by Generals, Brigadiers and Full - not Lieutenant - Colonels! 
That said there were other colour "tabs" worn during the Great War.. Green for Intelligence Corps, Royal Flying Corps were Light Blue, Dark blue was for Medical officers. Officer Cadets still wear white tabs to this day.
Military History lesson over!