The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering Dave Wilcox 10 years on
I shall be raising a glass tonight to celebrate Dave Wilcox. 10 years since his passing he is still very much missed in our club and group. We shared some great times with Dave who was always on hand with advice and help. I would like to add that the midshires group is now thriving again thanks to the efforts of Colin Dawson. Whatever you do enjoy your 7s as that’s what Dave would have wanted. Great to see his ex car part of the loan project a very fitting tribute to a great bloke. Here he is with JH 5024 not long after it’s restoration.

hi joe,

thats 10 years that went quick.

dave was a joy to know.

he loved all types of austin 7s from the slowest to the fasted.

and he was the first to jump in for a spin, when i got the supersports.

tony.
I remember when he took me out in our ulster rep scared the life out of me! We often look back and think about the good times and laughs we had back then with Dave. He would always try and help you out often for no reward. I remember when he first got his chummy and I think we was at the Abbey park padgent and Dad and Bob was on about changing some of his ht leads about! In the end they thought better of it but that was the kind of jokes that went round! Those are the memories that will live on. I’m surprised he let Dad and Bob help him put the DustBuster special together back then.
Dave was one of my very best friends. 10 years on I still have his number in my phone and can't bear to delete it. If I stop for a minute, I can still hear his voice in my head. We thought along the same lines on so many things and had some great times together. So many stories it would take so long to tell them all. On one VSCC Lakes trial we were competing he was marshalling. Nobody had, yet, cleared his hill most failing at around where Dave was standing but he'd worked out how to get through. When I walked the hill he told me to aim my off side front wheel for his foot - 'I'll move it at the last moment'. Did as he said and as we passed him Malc said 'Bloody Hell, that was close' (actually, he used a word other than 'Bloody')!! Cleaned the hill, though, one of the very few to do so all day.

Continue to rest in peace, mate.

Steve
I remember it well!   Dave was one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet, I don't think he had a bad word for anybody.